Thursday, September 4, 2014

Top Five Favorite Covers!

I was trying to come up with something to start the day off with.  Something that I could do right now while I am waking up.  Reading a book would take a few hours, and I don't feel like starting one only to have to stop in an hour to wake up the boyfriend.  Somehow, SOMEHOW!  I always wind up at a good part whenever something dealing with him interrupts and that makes me go RAWR!  Lol.

So I figured that I could begin the day off shoving some of my current favorite covers at your lovely faces.  In the nicest way possible of course! <3 I am sure that there are plenty more covers that I really love, but these are my favorites off the top of my head.  I will probably ramble into general thoughts on the book if I have read it, so it's a double whammy!

Bitterblue, by Kristin Cashore
You're going to probably notice a trend in these.  I have a thing for blue/purple books.  I do not know why, I just know that every time I see a book with these colors, I stop and look.

In this case, I love how the colors are actually a face in the background.  At first I didn't notice it, it took me awhile.  I am a little slow, lol.  But the cover is very well done, it is the right amount of 'busy' without being over the top.

I loved the book itself too.  Despite being a lot slower than Graceling, it was still a wonderfully written book that I had a great deal of difficulty putting down.  Kristin Cashore has a way with forming her world that makes me fall in love anew every time I read one of her books.






Entwined, by Heather Dixon
Lets start off by saying, whats not to love about this cover?!  It's fricken magical!  I am madly in love with the dress that the girl is wearing, I love the vine frame, the letters have a whimsical feel, which is only amplified by the hedges and castle in the distance.  I would marry this cover if it was at all possible.

I go this book when it came out, however long ago that was, and read it in one sitting.  I remember biting the boyfriends head off any time he would try to talk to me just because I loved it so much.  It had everything in a novel that I wanted: A strong female lead, magic and fantasy, and a lot of twists and turns.

Really, there is no going wrong with this book, from front cover, to back cover, it is a beautiful book.




Incarnate, by Jodi Meadows
Look, another book with blue tones.  The added in red is just a bonus.  This cover was probably my favorite for the longest time.  It just had a different feel to it.  Yes it's another attractive woman posing for a cover, but it had a magical air to it that you'll come to learn I have a weakness for.

I am ashamed to say that Incarnate is the only book of Jodi Meadows that I have finished.  I actually received an arc of Asunder from a giveway through...epicreads I believe, but at the same time, my family was having a lot of issues which involved going in and out of the hospital.  Which left me with absolutely no time to read it, and it has since then, been sitting on my TBR shelf.

One day I will get to it, I swear!  I did love Incarnate though, and really want to finish the series soon.




Legacy of the Clockwork Key, by Kristin Bailey
This cover is on the more 'simple' side, but is no less beautiful.  I love how it ties in the theme of a clocks innards on the cover.  The bird also serves a purpose in the book as well.  The lettering for the title also fits extremely well with the theme.  The only thing that bothered me about this cover was the authors name.  I am not fond of the chosen color and feel like it was just a random color thrown in there.

I read this book when it was free to read for a limited time.  I actually forget which site the author had linked to.  I do remember that I was hooked from the first chapter.  There is a lot of twists and turns and a lot more fantasy than I had originally thought there would be.  It was well written and very creative which is definitely a plus for any book.


The Artisans, by Julie Reece
You're probably wondering why this is up here.  You're probably thinking "This is really plain, why is it your favorite?"  In truth, I have no idea why I like it so much, only that since I saw it a while back, it was all I could think about.  I love the simplicity of it, I love the font, I love the background, I just love it.  It's a huge change from the attractive women featured on a lot of covers.  Maybe that is why it left such a huge impression on me and is forcing its way into my mind screaming for me to get my hands on it.

Since the book doesn't come out until May of next year, I haven't read it yet, but the books synopsis really interests me.  It's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and I do love retellings, so I am really looking forward to its release.


Well, those are the top five covers I could think of off the top of my head.  There's definitely a bunch more that I love, but I am terribly disorganized with my Goodreads shelves and do not have it sorted by anything other than TBR and Read so we had to go with my terrible memory lol.

What are some of your favorite covers?  I would love to see!

--Jessi


No comments:

Post a Comment